Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Ventura smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Ventura home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Ventura?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can perform:
- Check live or recorded footage from your linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Ventura by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is stopping the system from arming. For instance, an open door will prompt you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Ventura
Although many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote access, select phone or email and enter the info to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Ventura security system. Call (805) 590-5999 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.