How does a doorbell camera work in Ventura?
Daily home deliveries have become commonplace for countless residents thanks to the shift to online shopping. You enjoy the ease of having items dropped at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a significant concern, but you can protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to deter package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to see how they work and why they’ll likely be a crucial part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Ventura video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells give you a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to improve. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, communicate with individuals on your porch, and obtain real-time updates whenever a package is dropped off.
The best way to see how a Ventura video doorbell camera works is to explore the various benefits it can provide. Think about the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading theft with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of people at your door and boxes on the ground. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide amazing high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You can enjoy automatic notifications from video doorbells that can tell the difference between individuals and boxes.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your front door? Two-way audio gives you the chance to find out what they want. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people lurking around your entrance.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will help you minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to access real-time and archived video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.
Order a doorbell camera with your Ventura smart home
Protect your home against porch piracy and see what’s occurring at your entrance day and night with a Ventura doorbell camera. Vivint’s industry leading models provide all the features you want, like active theft deterrents, 180-degree viewing, and package notifications. Reach out to
(805) 590-5999 today to start designing your smart home.